The Hoosier State is perhaps one that is overlooked by many as being an economic and business presence within the U.S. However, this couldn’t be further from reality. Indiana has a brilliant business climate that is constantly progressing, offering a multitude of benefits and qualities for entrepreneurs and aspiring business owners throughout the state.
If you can put lasagne-loving cats, awesome cultures, beautiful scenery, and an unmatched quality of life to one side, you are left with a state that is incredibly inviting to register a business within.
So, how much does it cost to register a business in Indiana? Well, the answer is, pretty inexpensive! Okay, so it isn’t the cheapest state in the whole of the United States to register a business within, but it certainly is one of them. The initial fees and mandatory annual reports are comparatively low, and when you consider all the other benefits to registering a business in Indiana, it becomes a pretty attractive state for business.
What is the cost to register a business in Indiana?
One of the two different types of companies (most common) you may wish to form when starting and registering a business in Indiana are:
- Indiana Limited Liability Company (LLC)
- Indiana Incorporated Company (Inc.)
Of course, there are other types of structures such as sole proprietorship, a limited or general partnership, and non-profit, but the most common two are the limited liability company and corporation.
When it comes to registering your company in the U.S., it is important to be aware that the registration and renewal costs differ depending on which state you decide to register in. The type of business structure you decide on will also determine the specific costs.
If you would like to pay for the services of a formation and business filing services company to register your Indiana business the right way, they can do it for an affordable fee that ensures it is done properly and all the correct documents are filed according to Indiana law. They will also take care of all the after-formation procedures so your business is compliant with Indiana law and legally registered.
How much does it cost to register a company in Indiana?
- Indiana LLC Initial Registration: $90
- Indiana Corporation Initial Registration: $90
- Indiana Non-Profit Initial Registration: $30
- Foreign LLC Initial Registration: $90
- Foreign Corporation Initial Registration: $90
- Limited Partnership (LP) Initial Registration: $90
- Limited Liability Partnership (LLP) Initial Registration: $90
The costs to register a business in Indiana noted above are the total fees you must pay but do not include several optional fees that are offered by the Indiana Secretary of State. For example, when you open a bank account or apply for credit, some financial institutions may need a certified copy of your registration certificate. The costs include the initial filing fees and the registered agent designation fees that the Secretary of State charges.
How much does it cost to renew a company in Indiana?
According to Indiana law, any company wishing to continue doing business in the State of Indiana must file an annual report with the Secretary of State. Some annual fees are the same as the initial registration costs, while others are less or more!
- LLC Annual Report Fee: $30
- Foreign LLC Annual Report Fee: $30
- Corporation Annual Report: $30
- Foreign Corporation Annual Report: $30
- Limited Partnership (LP) Annual Report: $30
- Foreign Limited Partnership Annual Report: $30
- Limited Liability Partnership (LLP) Annual Report: $30
- Foreign Limited Liability Partnership Annual Report: $30
- Non-profit Annual Report: $10
Indiana Secretary of State Business Services Division Address and Contact Information
Here is the fee schedule from the Indiana Secretary of State.