The Grand Canyon State of Arizona has become quite the place for people seeking a better quality of life for themselves and their family. There isn’t anything more enticing than a warm climate, consistently beautiful weather, breathtaking landscapes, fantastic food, and great outdoor entertainment.
However, if you put all of these attractive aspects to one side, you have a state that has an incredibly stable and booming economy and small business climate.
How much does it cost to register a business in Arizona? Not too much at all, especially when you compare the fees with other states.
So, when you weigh up the business registration costs, with the business climate, and current economic scope of the state, it is an attractive place to register a business in, whether that be an LLC, an Incorporated company, a partnership, a non-profit, or any other type of company.
What is the cost to register a business in Arizona?
One of the two different types of companies (most common) you may wish to form when starting and registering a business in Arizona are:
- Arizona Limited Liability Company (LLC)
- Arizona Incorporated Company (Inc.)
Of course, there are other types of structures such as sole proprietorship, a limited or general partnership, and non-profit, but the most common two are the limited liability company and corporation.
When it comes to registering your company in the U.S., it is important to be aware that the registration and renewal costs differ depending on which state you decide to register in. The type of business structure you decide on will also determine the specific costs.
If you would like to pay for the services of a formation and business filing services company to register your Arizona business the right way, they can do it for an affordable fee that ensures it is done properly and all the correct documents are filed according to Arizona law. They will also take care of all the after-formation procedures so your business is compliant with Arizona law and legally registered.
How much does it cost to register a company in Arizona?
- Arizona LLC Initial Registration: $50
- Arizona Corporation Initial Registration: $60
- Arizona Non-Profit Initial Registration: $40
- Foreign LLC Initial Registration: $150
(this is so an LLC can obtain foreign qualification)
- Foreign Corporation Initial Registration: $175
(this is so an Inc. can obtain foreign qualification)
The costs to register a business in Arizona noted above are the total fees you must pay but do not include several optional fees that are offered by the Arizona Corporation Commission. For example, when you open a bank account or apply for credit, some financial institutions may need a certified copy of your registration certificate.
The costs include the initial filing fees and the registered agent designation fees that the Corporations Commission charges. If you would like additional copies of your registration certificate (certified copy), or a certificate of status, these can be obtained for $5.00 each, with the addition of $0.50 per page. Additionally, there are expedited fees that can be paid to speed up the filing processes for almost every fee charged by the state.
How much does it cost to renew a company in Arizona?
Much like most other states, Arizona law requires an annual report fee to be paid in order for your business to stay active, whether that be a corporation or a non-profit corporation. LLCs however, do not require an annual report fee.
Annual Fees to renew your business in Arizona
- Annual Fee for an LLC in Arizona: $0
- Annual Fee for a Corporation in Arizona: $45
- Annual Fee for an Arizona Non-Profit: $10
- Annual Fee for a Foreign LLC: $0
- Annual Fee for a Foreign Corporation: $45
The above annual reporting fees for businesses are the minimum you must pay, and there are optional fees, expedited fees, and additional state fees a business entity may need to pay should you wish to make changes during the year, rather than when your annual renewal is filed.
- Articles of Amendment: $25 for all mentioned business types
- Statement of Merger, Interest Exchange, Conversion, Domestication, Division: $100 (corporation) $50 (LLC)
- Articles of Dissolution: $25 (Corporations)
- Revocation of Dissolution: $25 (Corporations)
- Name Reservation: $10 (Corporations & LLCs)
- Restated Certificate: $25 (Corporations)
- Certificate of Correction: $25 (Corporations & LLCs)